Saturday 17 May 2008

Engineering Works

I had about a week at home before departure. Most of this time was spent re-organising my stuff from the very well packed car and sorting the items to be included in the baggage.
Also, a surprising development at the house was carried out. For several years, dad had a hot-water tank that was supposed to be installed in the basement but it had been left outside on the yard ever since. However, I suddenly decided that it should be carried down to the furnace room before I left and on the last evening it was successfully completed. It was nonetheless far from a straightforward task as the tank was 4.5 cm too wide for one of the basement door frames. We therefore had to knock the frame down and create an awful mess in the basement. The most boring stage in the works (tidying up and trying to get the doorframe up again) is now left for dad alone, which worked out quite perfectly for me. I hope to see some photos of the installed and working tank very soon.
Does it sound stressful? Not really. Compared to being bullied by Philippe and Kenny, it was like heaven on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment