Saturday 20 September 2008

Celebrations in Tegucigalpa

I happened to arrive to Tegucigalpa (capital of Honduras) the day after the Honduras football team had managed to win a game so there was some kind of drumming and celebrations going on downtown. The hope for the 2010 world cup is apparently still alive. I had earlier in the week watched Honduras play Canada in a bar in West End, but no matter how hard I tried, it was difficult working up some sympathies for the Honduran team. It was different when I watched Guatemala play the United States with the family in Antigua. So I ended up supporting Canada anyway and I didn’t pay too much attention to the ongoing celebrations.
Anyway, Tegucigalpa is a quite dull place. So are also the other Honduran cities I visited (La Ceiba and San Pedro Sula). I don’t even know why I bother writing about it. Bye bye Honduras.

No comments:

Post a Comment