Monday 15 September 2008

Crazy Party in El Salvador

From Antigua to El Salvador in a weekend trip sounds a bit crazy but it is actually not that far. Someone said that Guatemala City and San Salvador were the closest two capital cities in the world, which I had difficulties to believe as they are still separated by some 110-130 km. I thought of other potentially close capitals such as Vatican-Rome, Zagreb-Ljubljana, Tirana-Skopje, Bern-Vaduz, Luxemburg-Brussels, Riga-Vilnius or maybe some in Africa. Maybe someone who is bored and have internet can check this (happens all the time at Scotts).
However, the party was crazy and I enjoyed it a lot with my new friends from Guatemala, who organised it all and invited me to go with them.

They wanted to order a bottle of Finlandia but I taught them to drink the real stuff and not the pee-water.







This is my new Salvadorian hat.

2 comments:

  1. The straight line distance between
    Vatican-Rome (1km)
    Zagreb-Ljubljana (128km)
    Tirana-Skopje (170km)
    Bern-Vaduz (157km)
    Luxemburg-Brussels (186km)
    Riga-Vilnius (263km)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Guatemala-San Salvador is 218 km. Feels good, I could think of 5 pairs of Capitals closer...

    Wonder who was bored...

    ReplyDelete