Tuesday 17 June 2008

Mission Maputo

I was originally scheduled to stay around one or two nights in Maputo.  This was extended to three nights as a result of the combination of tiredness from the volunteering and ‘Mission Maputo’.  Anan Allos, head of Transportation department in Basingstoke, offered me a generous amount of wine if the mystic CD could be located.  Anan had been in Maputo around 10 years ago and bought a CD which he later lost.  This was a CD containing (supposedly) fantastic African music but he has until now not been able to find a replacement for the lost disc.  The mission was made more difficult as both the title of the CD and the singers name was unknown.  The only possible identification available was the image on the CD cover, which was communicated to me via a rather poor sketch.

After two days in Maputo, I did not find the disc so I decided to look through some more shops during day three.  However, it was all in vain and I regret having to inform everyone that Mission Maputo failed.

1 comment:

  1. As the culprit behind that CD getting lost in the first place (I'm Anan's daughter), it saddens me to hear that the mission failed..

    ReplyDelete