Monday 5 January 2009

Maracaibo

Maracaibo is the Venezuelan oil industry's nerve centre. It is a large industrial city of 1.5 million people and the only reason I went here was that I arrived late and had to break the journey up. Unfortunately, the timing was a bit bad as it was just before the New Year. All Venezuelan's take holidays during the Christmas/New Year periods so after having paid the taxidriver a small fortune for driving me around to different cheap hotels (that were full), I decided to screw everything and pay another small fortune for the wedding suite that was the only vacant room I could find. That fortune was approximaely £20.

Maracaibo mainly consists of vast boring suburbs and for visitors, there is only one street in the centre that contains some parks, plazas and monuments. The city can easily be visited in two hours so after breakfast, sightseeing, check-out and two km walking(!) to the bus station with a too heavy backpack (screw all taxi drivers), I left Maracaibo with the intention to never come back. Ever.

3 comments:

  1. Not like we'd love you to come back!

    sorry if you had a bad experience, but you didnt know the city very well... that happens with stupids europeans that comes here thinking they own the world, if you lack understanding and a open mind, you have no place around here.

    i hope you get robbed insignificant dushebag.

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, where did this guy his air from?

    Yes I own the world, that is completely true. I look down on every sinful soul that lives in this godforsaken country and I enjoy insulting the places I visit.

    And you still think I have a lack of understanding...?

    I think you need to pray to your several Gods a bit harder because I did not get robbed yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oj, det var svar på tal! /M

    ReplyDelete