Tuesday 6 January 2009

Mérida

Mérida is Venezuela's adventure sports capital. It is located in the Andean mountains and offers a range of activities such as for example climbing, hiking, trekking, white-water rafting, paragliding and other forms of insanity. There are even paragliders painted onto the city's garbage trucks. That is dedication.

For anyone visiting Mérida, there is a cable car that can take you up to the top of a mountain in a few stages. This is the world's longest cable-car system so I was looking forward to checking out how it is like up there.

However, to my great disappointment, the cable-car was temporarily closed for service so I decided to screw this MFSOAB-city and move on the very same day I arrived. This was possible as I arrived early in the morning with a nightbus and just stowed my luggage away in the bus station while checking the city out. Normally, in holiday periods, it is difficult to find accommodation too early in the day before people have had a chance to check out.


No comments:

Post a Comment