Wednesday 15 April 2009

Buenos Aires

Trip is nearly at its end now. Buenos Aires will be my last city on the South American continent before heading over towards Europe. Good old Europe. I miss a place where everything works but most of all it would be nice to finally be able to change clothes as I have been wearing this same junk for a year.

I heard they still had lots of snow back home. Maybe the temperature of Buenos Aires will turn out to not be so bad after all. Here the days are sunny and quite alright but it gets very chilly during the nights. I am pleased that all the hostels had warm blankets as isolation is just slightly better than English houses.

I say “all the hostels” because it is the peak of the tourist season during Easter. Many places are fully booked and I was never able to find any (of the good ones that is) places that had vacancy throughout. I stayed in Buenos Aires a total of four nights and managed to sleep in three different hostels. The fourth night I didn’t sleep at all but stayed up until 3am, when I took off for the airport as my flight was one of the early morning-ones.

I can inform you that nothing overly exciting happened in Buenos Aires although it is a quite pleasant city to stroll around in. I missed a few worth-while neighbourhoods and when I went to buy tickets for the Boca Juniors match, it was sold out but on the whole, I saw a few bits and pieces and had an agreeable time the last few days on the South American continent.

It was at least good as long as it lasted.


Buenos Aires:

No comments:

Post a Comment