Wednesday 15 April 2009

Madrid

A travelling 15th century writer expressed about the then small-scale medieval city:in Madrid there is nothing except from what you bring with you”. Since that epoch, the Royal Spanish capital has changed a lot and developed into one of Europe’s most fascinating metropolises.

I chose to briefly stop here as Madrid makes the top-three on my personal favourite-European-cities-list every day of the week.

And the flight by the way; it was a dreadfully long flight with many stops and delays going Buenos Aires-Bogotá-Cali-Madrid. But compared to the buses I have been travelling on for the last 10 months, this was like heaven. They even gave me warm food. I am used to spend a good 20 hours on a bus, eating carried-on dry bread with water and only going to toilet when the bus stops at stations. And even better; Avianca is a Colombian carrier so they had Aguila – my favourite beer. In fact, I was so relaxed when I landed in Madrid that I didn’t even have a jet-lag.

Now this entry ended up saying very little about Madrid itself but what do I care. I add some pictures below.


Madrid:



No comments:

Post a Comment