Wednesday 8 April 2009

Puerto Madryn

There were no direct buses to Puerto Madryn from Perito Moreno - obviously. I had to change in my other favourite place: Comodoro Rivadavia. As the bus left so late, around 17-ish (and it takes five hours), I was a bit worried that there would not be any buses further on but luckily there were a couple of departures at 1 am and I only needed to spend a few hours in the bus station.

Puerto Madryn is famous for its coastal wildlife as the fauna is very diverse around the peninsula. Unfortunately, the whales that normally can be spotted here were not due until another few months so going on one of the tours, the most exciting one could expect to see was probably a sealion or some other lame thing. So I didn't bother. I will return here in October one day and see the whales.

No comments:

Post a Comment