Tuesday 7 April 2009

Los Antiguos

I thought I had found one of the most quiet towns when I went to Calafate. However, coming to Los Antiguos, a bit further north (also on a Chilean border crossing; no I will still not Cross!), it got even worse. Or even quieter.

Los Antiguos had two places to sleep, a fast food place, a couple of other places to eat and a tourist office. There were not much to do around town and if you stay longer than a day alone you will get really really bored. Fortunately I didn't have to be there totally alone as I met a Uruguayan friend on the bus and we spent a few hours walking in the hills and to the nearby lake.

Los Antiguos is quite beautiful but it seems that people only come here for the border. I was the only one who wasn't going to Chile and the guy from Uruguay was the only one who decided to stay a day extra in town; all others left with the first bus in the morning after.

Pictures from Los Antiguos:




No comments:

Post a Comment