Thursday 19 February 2009

Karaoke-night

I remember a warm summer night, some years ago, when I was walking around on a local town-festival back home with my good friend Ulf. There was a karaoke-caravan and someone was inside it, singing CCR’s “Cotton Fields”. The horrific sound spread through the warm summer air at the lake-side town, effectively drowning the pleasant background festival noise.

Ulf said: -“If I am ever about to do something like that, please stop me!” I could nothing but agree, as I wasn’t that keen on karaoke at all. In fact, I am not the best singer.

So returning to the present; Ulf, why are you not here when I need you? You told me you should stop me!

Not even being recklessly drunk, I happened to end up in a karaoke-place and had to sing not one but three (!) songs. I have no idea how bad it sounded; something I am glad for.

A thought I had the other day: instead of avoiding it, maybe it would be better to practice. Because in the end, it seems to be unavoidable. I have recently escaped very nearly twice already! Having said that, that is absolutely no excuse to drag me out on karaoke-nights. Forget it!


Performing a Beatles-duet with Jacky’s mom. Luckily Jacky and her dad were asleep so two people less to worry about...

No comments:

Post a Comment