Monday 30 March 2009

Bariloche

Touristy and hippy, Bariloche is a happy place with a lakeside location. Now, we are back in Argentina by the way, Chile is a mere memory. Here, hoards of backpackers and tourists pass by, summer as winter because of its gorgeous setting and its many cool restaurants and bars. But of course, tourists also come due to its proximity to Chile (one of the few convenient border crossings) and its nearby national park, which offers a range of activities.

I did not stay long enough to enjoy the national park but I liked the town itself, which has interesting boutiques and a strong German influence (from German settlers). German beer is easy to find but I rather avoid it, this close to travelling to Europe. I don’t know why I enjoyed the boutiques because I didn’t do any shopping but the place has something special. And unfortunately I could not afford all the chocolate that is for sale here.




No comments:

Post a Comment