Monday 30 March 2009

Cordoba

Hello again Argentina. I this time I arrived on a ferry crossing the delta between Argentina and Uruguay. Tigre was the entry point; the far best and easiest way to cross between those two countries. Tigre is a small city just north of Buenos Aires and I didn’t stay around for long; knowing that I will come back for my flight home later. Instead I jumped on a bus to the centrally located Cordoba.

Cordoba was strikingly modern with a relaxed feeling; a friendly and welcoming buzz. Its colonial centre has a labyrinth of plazas and buildings and its more modern part boasts university life, good restaurants, excellent bars and culture in all its forms. Cordoba was the cultural capital of South America in 2006 and the people of Cordoba love film and theatre. In summary, it was a well-deserved title.

Cordoba bears a striking resemblance to Puebla, Mexico (which probably was my favourite place over there), a city of about a million inhabitants, clean, orderly and located a bit away from the chaotic pulse of the country’s capital city.

The only negative experience was the shabby hostel I stayed in the first night but it was easy to change.






2 comments:

  1. In the pic of Capuchinos church there is a gass of beer...for sure it was yours... disrespectful! :P lol
    I remember when u told me about the hostel...ahaaha
    Many kisses.

    GUADI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I noticed the glass while uploading the picture. I thought of taking the earliest opportunity to photoshopping it away, as I judged it a great disturbance to the gentle background. But most disgracefully, I could not afford to make the trouble.

    But i assure you my dear, that the glass is not my property, as much as I ever want it to be. I would like to inquire what reasons you have to suppose it is mine? It is early in the day and I indeed am blessed with the custom to not take in such beverages until at least after supper.

    (Guess who is currently reading Jane Austen)

    ReplyDelete