Monday 30 March 2009

I MADE IT!!!

Alternative title: The end of the world
Alternative title II: Ushuaia

I have finally made it! Whatever I spend my time doing from now until I go home, it doesn’t really matter. Because the goal is reached. The goal for many travelers and not just only me. It is the common goal for cruise ships, for backpackers, for bikers, for motorcyclists and for car drivers. It is the goal.

It has been 284 days since I landed in Los Angeles, California with the aim of going south. And south I went. All the way until today; the distant city of Ushuaia is located on the southern tip of Argentina. Just off Cape Horn. The southernmost city in the world and here it all ends; the end of the world as they call it (spanish: "Fin del Mundo"). Beyond Ushuaia there is only Antarctica but I am not going there, at least not in this trip. Because it is autumn here and Antarctica is closed.

In all excitement, I don’t think I can write more about it right now. I will instead post another entry on Ushuaia later. Now, I will go out to find the most southern bar in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment